Dear John


To be honest, I love 3/4 of this movie. Is about a long distance relationship of John Tyree (Channing Tatum) and Savannah Curtis (Amanda Seyfriend). Being a soldier, John has to go abroad to several foreign countries. Leaving Savannah in US, pursuing her study. They write to each other as their tools to communicate. Now how romantic is that? The story also about the relationship between John and his quiet Dad, which were suspected by Savannah having autism. I still able to enjoy the movie even when Savannah write John that their relationship is over...

But when I learn the real reason why Savannah broke up with John, I suddenly lost interest ....
I did not find the relationship between John and Savannah touching as I found no conflict between them. None of them seems having a bad behavior. Savannah seems like an angel fall from heaven. And John really, really the type that woman like. Smart, protective, gentle... that sort of ....

The only touching moment for me is the relationship between John and his father. Especially when he read his letter to his dad who is lying in the bed in the hospital... That is the only moment I really cried... It was so sad to not be able to express the love that you have.... either to your family or your friends...

Anyway, this is just my opinion... as many people loves this movie... Again, romantic movie perhaps just not my thing...
0 Responses

Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^