I need the bathroom!!

Since I can't hardly spend a day without at least taking a bath even once, so bathroom is the other things that me need THE MOST...

I suppose you must be think I am such a spoiled brat. Well, I guess I am, related to the bathroom ....

Whenever I go, like visiting a relatives or staying somewhere else, bathroom will be the second thing I look after the bed.... (you do remember that I can't sleep on the floor, right?)

I do not care if the bathroom is small, dirty or no lamp attached or whatever, as long as located inside the house. But, I really go panic whenever I visited a relatives and asked for bathroom, and they coyly said,"Oh, we have none... Just go the river over there..., blah..., blah,...blah..." or "Our bathroom is located outside the house..., near the well... blah, blah, blah..."

When I was in the fourth grade or something, for the first time we visited my Dad's home town in North Sulawesi. Since we stayed in a hotel during our stay in the city, there was no problem with the bathroom. Until we went to the village where my grandma live, that was when the trouble began. In each house we visited, we were greeted with warm smile and a cup of tea. You can imagine , if in a day we visited maybe about 5 houses, each houses served us a cup of tea, at the least.... you will feel your stomach going to blow up.... I wanted to go to the bathroom but most of them do not have bathroom inside the house. Finally there is one relatives who has bathroom near the house, so that would be fine for me... As long as I did not have to go to the river or something like that....

The second one that I remembered when we visited my grandma's (from my Mother's side) hometown in North Sumatra. There was no bathroom inside the house. I have to go the nearest neighbor to use their bathroom. The problem solved during the day. But since we were going to spend a night, I decided not to take any drinks after 6 PM! I did not care I was going to be thirsty or anything. I just wanted to avoid going to the bathroom that night. Unfortunately, the weather was terribly cold during the night. Early in the morning I could not stand anymore and were told to just get it on the sands... Yeah, it was like living around the beach, but it was actually in the highland somewhere in North Sumatra.... Obviously, we did not take a shower...

Now, after remembering all these, I do not think I can go traveling by backpacking... Such a wuss!
0 Responses

Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^