Awareness

There was a time when I have to go home under the heavy rain… It was like all torments combined in this world to describe what I have to put up with… Okay, I am a bit exaggerating… But can you imagine, I have to walk against the wind that blowing hard on my face, the dripping water run through my body (the umbrella was totally useless at the time like this)…. And I have to walk through the flood as the result from the heavy rain… The only thing left dried from the heavy rain was my head, protected by my umbrella. The rest of me was a mess. I looked like a rat crawling out from the gutter…

Then I arrive in the area around my home to find that there was no trace of heavy rain at all. I was stunned to see the street was totally dry.

I could feel people start looking at me with bewilderment feeling I suppose. They probably wonder, what the heck happened to me…

When we saw something different out of the ordinary we instantly let our imagination to go wild try to figure that out…
In my case, people might think that I did walk under the rain because I was not bringing an umbrella. Or someone crazy enough to push me into the swimming pool… Or maybe I pour myself a bucket of cold water just for fun…
But naturally, nobody even bother to ask me what the real reason for being totally wet…

Then again, why should they ask me? They do not know me. And we would probably never go to see each other anymore in the future. Why being such a nosy person poking someone else’s business?
Then again, why can’t we just ask if we see something odd with people around us? We may meet someone fidgeting on the street… or perhaps crying … We probably will only look at that person, wondering by ourselves what was going on… then the next minute we just look to the other way… Because we do not want to know and get involved once we receive the information…

Maybe, we could start practicing together how to take notice of something that not right and willing to do something about it… I need that practice too… It will takes times… but hopefully I can get it right someday…

0 Responses

Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^