Love is in the air...

A few years ago, my Mom’s friend came by to our house to deliver a wedding invitation.

I feel a bit sad for my Mom every times someone gave her a wedding invitation because she would be thinking…oh, no… Why my daughter still single, blah, blah, blah…

Anyway, these two mothers then busy talking about the wedding party… The details of the party, the location… After her friend went home, my Mom asked me to go with her to the party. I was a bit hesitating about it… because …I hate going to the wedding party.

Then she said something like this,” My friend said she dislike her future daughter in-laws… If only his son married to you…”

I curious and asked,”Why is that?”

My Mother replied,”She said her daughter in law is not pretty, not to mention that she is much shorter and darker…”

My first reaction was, why her friend talked like that? I mean, if she did not approve then why went along with the party anyway?

But the next thing that came out from my Mom’s was intrigued me to come to the party. She said that her friend’s son is so handsome and tall… That intrigued to see for myself how drop dead handsome the guy is compare to the so-called ugly future wife.

And finally the wedding day arrive, we all went there together… I looked around to see the happy couple.

First, I saw the wife. Okay…, so she is not pretty… But she was glowing in her wedding dress. She looked happy and smiled a lot. And yes, she is short. I am short… but she was shorter than me. After that, I looked for the supposedly dazzling handsome husband…

He looked…far below my expectation. Don’t get me wrong…

When my Mom said that the guy is handsome, I compare him with my Dad… Hey, I am not kidding… My Dad is totally handsome guy… Sooo, naturally I comparing this guy that I have never known with my Dad … And to this comparison, the guy is totally defeated. In looks, I mean…

But the thing that get me thinking is:
I was wondering that… I know that every parents think that their children is the best diamond in the world… But to listen a mother talking bad about her future daughter in law…sighed… Did they ever think that every parents will think the same way and talking behind their back as well?

And while both parents despise one another, their children locked eyes and decided to walk together in this life as one instead of two… Only times will tell, whether they able to go through thick walls and challenges along with happiness and love…

Despite the other being so tall and the other is so short…
0 Responses

Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^