Have faith for kindness



A few years ago I was staying in this hotel during my vacation in Bali. On our first morning I hurriedly went to the hotel’s restaurant to enjoy my breakfast. There were many kind of meals that morning. I took a plate and start wondering around. Thinking of which one I should have this morning. Then I heard a voice beside me, “You should try the chicken porridge… It is really good…”

I looked around to find a middle age foreign woman standing beside me. I noticed that she took fried rice for her breakfast and yet she told me that the porridge is good… So, I asked…,” Really? Then why you do you have something else for breakfast?”

She smiled and whispered to me, “This is my fifth days… They always serve the same menu everyday… I got bored…”

This woman just trying to be nice and gave me suggestion. And yet, I questioned her suggestion and get suspicious.

I suppose, being conned a few times, or stabbed in the back by my own so-called friends made me what I am right now… Easily get suspicious when someone being nice. Even for the simple ordinary things.  All I can think of, why did she say things like that to me? I did not ask her to do that… What did she want by give me that information?

Sometimes I guess, we need to know how to detect the sincere gesture of the deed that has been given to us… I mean, just because we have been trough something bad in our life we then will consider that all people will bring bad luck… If people being nice to us, it does not mean that they want something back or have hidden agenda… They probably just want to do something nice… like we as well from time to time…

Be cautious we must…but do not let ourselves drowned with our suspicion. Not all people are just being nice…but not all of them want to stab you from the back… Just have a little bit of faith. 
2 Responses
  1. Indah Says:

    I looked around to find a middle age foreign woman standing beside me. I noticed that she took fried rice for her breakfast and yet she told me that the porridge is good… So, I asked…,” Really? Then why you do you have something else for breakfast?”

    Ahahahaha.. itu pertanyaan yang wajar sih, huehehehe.. mungkin ngga melulu pertanda elo curigation, tapi bisa jadi itu pertanda elo orang yang logis, hihihi :D


  2. bridge Says:

    gakkk...justru gue nanya karena gue curiga'an....padahal kan Ibu itu hanya bermaksud baik...:)


Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^