Nightmare in the real world



 You would think that by working in the office, people will have manner… Well, not really… After all, do not judge the book by its cover… They may look dashing, gorgeous; have high education (by meaning high, it means they graduated from abroad)…dress fashionably… It does not matter… You will shock to see what they really look like…especially if they have power to do so…

Someone I know once told me about her boss who always manage to find discouraging words every time his subordinates made mistakes:
“You are such a moron… How on earth you get a job here?”
“You graduated from university? Hah! I do not believe you… You are such an idiot…”
“How stupid can you get? Are you really that airhead?”

Other told me about his supervisor who always screaming every time they encountered a problem. She did not try to clear up the mess but wasting time to try who is the guilty perpetrator in the first place. Not to mention she is easily panic on almost about everything. When she was mad, she would scream at the guilty person while her forefinger keeps on pointing. She could spend those valuable seconds to be angry rather than try to fix the problem first. Well, if after that she wants to hang the guilty person it would be another story…

Another told me about horrific story about her crazy old manager with her psycho thirty something supervisor. They were arguing about something then the argument escalated into yelling contest and heated up more with throwing things at each others. Things that they thrown started from calculator, books, stapler and anything near them. Nobody tried to separate them apart fear they might get hit with the things that they kept on throwing at each other…

What about me? Oh, surely I have one… Probably I did this to myself because I know I am really a difficult person to handle with. She made my first working year miserable. I remembered crying in the bathroom (yeah, yeah, I am such a cry baby)… Wishing I could just quit but I need the job… She loves screaming at me (or at anyone else for that matter) if I made mistakes… When she gave out papers she sort of throw them away… I realized I have to have two-faces in dealing with her. Sadly, that was the fact that I have to deal with. Come to think of it, I think most of my seniors loves screaming at newbies. I have no idea why as I do not think we are that moron in doing our chores. So, I suppose it was just their hobby.

What is the best way to deal with them? Sadly I can not give any advice as I have chosen the safest way. I just say yes to whatever she asked in order to avoid listening her screaming. I talked nice, I acted nice… Wondering though until now what would happen if I just quit… But, I did not…

So, my advice is…just ask yourself whether the job is worth with your pride… If you think the environment is not healthy and you are ready to take risk… then I think you should quit. Heck, the first year in the office will be the year that make us what we are now. Either we become good or bad person…  It is all up to us…
2 Responses
  1. blackhuff Says:

    Having such a supervisor or boss is a very difficult situation indeed. Like you say, decide whether you need the job or not and if it is worth your pride. It's a decision you need to make by yourself, no one can do that for you.
    It's sad that you get people like this.


  2. bridge Says:

    yeah.... But I guess, if we are desperate for a job...then we have swallow our pride...Until someday we decide that enough already....and leave no matter what is the consequence....


Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^