Being thorough

 I am sort of reckless person. That I admit. I have been trying to reduce it of course. But nevertheless… I still did that from time to time…

Like one time, I bought fried chicken from this vendor and without checking or even looking I just accepted the exchange and walked out with my meal. Not until I have to used the exchange to buy something else then I noticed that the money has already torn. The right side is missing so it means the money is worthless. I hurried back to the previous vendor and demanded them to switch the money with another one with the same value. Luckily for me I still keep the purchase receipt and lucky again that they are willing to accept it without question. If not, I would end up with torn useless money that can not be used…

Then another day, my cousin told me that the pharmacy where we used to get medicine for my Mom has given us incorrect medicine. Since my cousin has been helping us taking care my Mom for these past two years, she has beginning to recognize the type of medicine that doctors have prescribed to my Mom. So, she asked to the person in charge at the pharmacy why the medicines were different from the prescription. At first, they were like…oh, really? There was no way we do that kind of mistake… But since my cousin brought the book where all doctors need to write the copy of every prescription she then has proof. All the people in pharmacy started to check and realized that they have mistakenly given the medicine to someone else. They started to check the record who has received the medicine and manage to call the lady who received the wrong medicine. The people in pharmacy called her to get back here and they will paid for the taxi fare as long as she hurried back...

While waiting for the lady, people around my cousin started whispering that thing like that has happened more than once. Luckily that my sister still checking the medicine and later they still manage to contact that lady to clear up the mess. Otherwise that lady will drink medicine that was not for her illness and probably will get sicker!

So, did the people in pharmacy saying apology for the mistake? NOPE. They even said that it was that lady’s mistake for not checking it before leaving the pharmacy. Goodness…

These are the things that we need to check before leaving any counter…
Obviously medicine from pharmacy, you do not want to be drinking wrong medicine and end up dead, do you?

Money – either from bank or vendor, to ensure that the money you has receive are all in good order and nothing torn or whatever…

Things that you buy – Before leaving the store, just make sure that the thing you buy is really the thing that you have chosen…

Groceries – This is a bit hard especially when you bought a lot… Often, they put different price from what they have announced previously. If you bought many things, people behind you will snarl impatiently…

Credit card receipt – Once I bought books using credit card totaling in IDR 125,000.00 but the sales girl swipe the card with incorrect amount : IDR 200,000.00!! Luckily I spotted it and informed them. They did apologize and since they were unable to amend it on their cash register, they returned the excess charges with cash instead.

In short, there is nothing wrong to be thorough as both parties can make mistakes once in a while… 
0 Responses

Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^