Lift

When my mom was still in the hospital, i have to use the lift regularly if I need to go out for lunch...

One day, there was this lady from another floor who also standing with me inside the lift. I noticed she has this bracelet on her arm, indicating that she is also a patient... She seems forgot to hit the button on which floor she want to get off... So, she has to go all the way to the 4th floor with me... I headed out once the lift arrived at the 4th floor and leave her... Then about 20 minutes later I have to buy something from the canteen and found out the old lady was still there...!

She must have seen the confuse look on my face so she immediately said that she was too afraid to be inside the lift by herself.
"Once I was trapped inside all alone and really scared....," she told me. "Since then on I do not want to be left alone inside this lift and I would wait for others to use this lift... So, I at least have company if the lift broke down or something..."

I can't help but smile... If she told me earlier I would not mind to go downstairs again to accompany her....

And something else cross my mind that most people will look for others to share their concern, worries, fright, problems but only a few look for others to share their happiness and love...

Or maybe I am just being cynical...again...
0 Responses

Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^