the neighbor (still stories from hospital)

Ever since my mother was in and out of hospital in the year 2008, we always admitted her in a room for two patients as my Father could only afford that. Which is I think they are very lucky as I have no idea what will happen to me in the future if I get sick....

But I am not going to talk about some gloomy future... Instead I want to talk about people who wait for the patient next to my mom of all these times my mother was in the hospital (including the last one).... Only the annoying ones..., mind you

First, my mother share a room in the hospital with an old lady who is very sick. She always yelling at her maid whenever she did not see her face... So, you can imagine spending night and day hearing her calling the maid over and over again.... Once, the maid asked my help to look after the old lady as she need to go out to find breakfast. I then standing by near the old lady's bed and when the old lady woke up and asked for her maid, I quickly lied to her that her maid is in the bathroom to have shower. Eventually, I keep on talking and standing near by her. Later I realized, she just want to be sure that she was not left alone. So, when she woke up she want to see someone near her by. It is kinda sad....but it was totally depressing hearing her kept on calling her maid for hours at night.... 

Second, another old lady.... She was very old.... I think she is almost 90 or something... She hardly say anything.... but her family including her maid were so noisy when they are talking. Once I asked the maid to keep the rest room's door closed if she want to wash anything. My mom was having trouble sleeping at night and only manage to sleep during the day... And when we were sleepy, we could not sleep because they always talking noisily. The other tragic problem, my mother always complaining that the air conditioner not cool enough while they complaining the air conditioner were freezing already... So, obviously I was glad when we were released from the hospital

Third, I think I once wrote here about a lady with post power syndrome. Her husband used to be some kind  head of department or something. And therefore she think that she own the hospital and we have to obey her order.... It turn out, my father was a senior of her husband.... Though her husband outranked my father, but he still look up to him with respect.... Aaargh, she was so annoying.... Whatever channel she want to see on tv we have to go along with her.... She screamed at me at night just when I was about to look for something I can watch.... She want me turn off the volume which I was about to do the opposite because I hate being told... I could not be happier when my mother finally released...again...

The last one, a few days ago when my mother was back in the hospital... A night before my mother was released from the hospital, the patient next to her was in critical condition. So, her daughter who stayed with her started to call her siblings and most of them arrived in that tiny little miny small room. I was worried naturally, because if the patient (God forbid) pass away...then the whole cavalry would be there...with their noises and my mom would successfully stay up all night. Finally, one of the male nurse asked them sternly to keep their voice down.... Amazingly, it kinda worked.... Sure, they were still talking loudly but not all together at once. So, when they started to talk loudly I play a song from my blackberry... Once they stop, I stop as well. And when their mother passed the critical condition and most of the family member went home....still two of them stayed. And you know what they did? They started to play the ring tone from their handphones!
Oh well... luckily for us, the doctor release my mother from the hospital on the next day....

Well, I suppose when next time I would cross path with people who has no manner....then I would do the same just for the pleasure of it.... :)
2 Responses
  1. wah, menyebalkan banget ya. seharusnya mereka punya toleransi sama penghuni kamar yg lain. sama2 sakit ya, mestinya gak saling ganggu. tapi begitu deh manusia. suka seenaknya dewe.


  2. bridge Says:

    ember.... yg paling gak nahan tuuuh.... pake acara main2 ringtone lageee....untung nyokap skrg udah dirumah....


Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^