Attitude

 I have two friends who work as a teacher. Both of them told me how different kids nowadays with children around the 80’s. That is including me, and them as well…

At our time, most of us (I said most not all) were a bit passive… If our teacher scold us for getting bad grades we just listen to them… Trying to think, damn why can’t I get good grades after all those studying hard and paying attention? After that, we still get scold from our parents asking why on earth we can only get this bad grade? Maybe we did not study hard enough, maybe we are too busy with extracurricular in school… Either way, we will not dare to counter our parents and our teacher

“Children nowadays lack of attitude, “ most of my friends often said.

One of my friends even analyze that if the parents behave obnoxious in their daily life, then it is not a surprising that their offspring also following their footsteps. Other thinking that perhaps the parents try to hide the guilty feeling for not able being with their children all the time and therefore ignore every bad behavior from their kid. Or should we say, living in denial…
“No, my kid is nice and will never do such things… It is you who is unable to communicate with my kid… So, it is your fault instead of mine…” 

If you read Harry Potter, then you know which character that sounds similar with the above. Yeah, the Dursleys… The parents keep on insisting that their child is the sweetest thing ever live in the whole wide world… And yeah, many parents unable to take critics on their children with open mind… Knowing that the teacher does not simply point out the weakness to make the children feel like an idiot… But they wants the kid to develop to something better…

“Many of them, knowing that their parents have big bucks and will able to support them… Therefore, they see no point to learn hard and getting clever even on just one subject, “ one of my acquaintance sighing. “If they do feel that way, wondering why they even bother to go to school? Completely wasting my time and theirs and most of all the tuition for education is not cheap…”

And that was nothing compared what you see at the malls… Most of them, kids up to teens walking around with their crowds… Looking confident and obviously rude… They never bother to say Excuse me…if they have to passed other people. Or they just stand together blocking other’s people way… And never bother to makes way whenever we bumped into them in a smaller space like for example crossing bridge. My friend even once encountered a teenager screaming at a waitress because she has to wait before getting seated… Probably she was raised by a pack of wolves and not people…

If I did not say greeting to my parents or teacher, I would get scold or sneer… Which enough making me feel so silly and realizing that I have no manner… As the younger ones, we always have to make a first move when it comes to greet or just say hi to elderly. I did not get that right now… Perhaps having money and all in the world can provide means that the right attitude is to be as obnoxious as they can be. Sad…
0 Responses

Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^