Communication

 When I was about to finish my education in the university, like other fellow students I have to make a paper related to my major subject. I have to prepare the paper and give a presentation in front of three teachers who would decide whether I would pass or not.

While preparing the paper, my teacher who also my counselor taught me something about the presentation.
"Before you reading it outloud to us who obviously understand what you are trying to explain but pretend not to, try to read it in front of someone who illiterate... If that illiterate person can understand what you are talking about...then your paper is good..."

I was like...hmmm, that's made sense... Giving presentation is something you do to explain about certain matter to other people and in the end naturally you wish they will be interested with what you have been explaining instead of feeling bored. The stressfull part, I was about to give a presentation to a bunch of teachers who obviously understand the theory and obviously the topic... They can be pretending they are not understand anything but if I miss something they will soon find out and attack me with it...

If I do explain to someone who illiterate as per my teacher suggested to me, I am going to get two type of response. If they do not understand at all what I was babbling about they will just sat politely and stared blankly (if not sleepy) to me and obviously have no question whatsoever from the presentation. If they do understand, they will light up and star and start asking question, probably ask you to give more explanation on several points.

There are things that only us who can understand how it has happenned. When we asked to share that knowledge to others, we just can't find the exact word to help them understand. I suppose to know how to coomunicate with other people is really crucial. Especially if we do jobs that related to other people. Once they can understand what you are trying to explain, both of you will parted happily at the end of conversation. If not, the conversation will take longer time, both of you are going to feel frustrated and bored...and in the end both parties get nothing at all...

And people say communication is easy...sighed...
2 Responses
  1. Dea Says:

    Nooo...cominication is not easy at all...
    paling sebel klu di ajak komunikasi tp g nyambung.... maunya apa dapetnya apa...hiks.. mungkin aqnya aja ya... yg g pandai berkomunikasi...


  2. bridge Says:

    iya. nyebelin kalau udah kayak gitu... Dan akibatnya dua2nya merasa frustrasi deh... Karena sama2 gak nyambung :(


Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^