About single life

 A few days ago after watching Like As We Know It... I suddenly remember few things from my past... 

Long ago I have this friend who just recently married and have their first daughter. It was truly tormenting hanging out with your just married friend. She suddenly want to matchmaker me with someone that she know... I am fully aware that she meant well but i just feel she was a little bit too much. I asked her a few details about the guy that she wanted to introduce me. She said that the guy has a steady job though his salary is not yet big. But he is a hard worker and she is postively sure I am going to like him. I just nodded politely and never asked about that guy again. And she make it sound I am like a gold digger only want to have rich husband (though of course I would not mind...heheheh)

Another torture is to listen to snob and annoying married couple about their happiness together and their wonderfully smart gorgeous children... About their sex life and so on... And they whispering to each other as if they do not want me to hear afraid I am going to be blushed...
Last but not least is to attend their children’s birthday party... Can you imagine that you have to be there, grinning like an idiot... In the middle of crying and running kids around you... With their gloated looking parents parading their children to anyone who want to listen. Yeah, I get it your children is great but enough listening about them for the whole day.

Then after watching that movie I suddenly remember about those silly chlldren songs I used love to hear... Gosh, that must be awful for my parents... Worst, I used to love listening to the drama series on cassettes. My parents must have been wishing to destroy the tape...
Seeing that movie we also learn something that we actually know that raising kids is not an easy job. I remembered an online friend of mine once sort of wondering why all movie or tv series make it sound that being pregnant especially at the young age are so much fun. She said she did not regret having her children. But she also did not want to deluded herself saying that it was all fun and fun. She has to take care of the children when they crying, sick, ask for food, crying, not to mention changing diaper and if you do not have maids...it means you have to wash all clothes by yourself. And there are bills from hospital and so much more. You also have to save a lot to ensure your children can go to the best school ever. And of course you have to prepare their clothes, shoes, and any other stuffs that they probably beg you to buy it for them,.

So yes, having children is not easy or at least not all fun like the movie often portraying... I think what my friend meant to say that those movies should stated gloomy fact as well instead about the wonderful journey imagination. In that movie those two adults have been used to live all alone by themselves and only occasionally playing nice uncle and auntie. But when they have to take care the baby by themselves...they have to admit that they have no idea whatsoever. And it was really frustrating though that was the point of being a parents. You have no idea whether you have done the right thing. But you know you are going to do your best for your kid...

Me, I do not like kids too much. Though many people said that I am going to regret not having one because I am not going to have someone to take care of me when I grow old...well... Maybe I am going to regret that someday... But I am going to regret even more for not able to give decent living to that kid... I could not afford the medical bills, the living bills (like food, clothes, things), school bills and lots other bills... So having kids definately not on my mind.... At least right now...
3 Responses
  1. I wanna have two children to take care of me when I'm old. And my religion says that as we've died someday, prayers of our children which can save us to beg God forgiving our sins.


  2. Indah Says:

    Ayy.. gua juga kemaren nonton film inii :D


  3. bridge Says:

    @Vicky I am not sure I will be able to afford the expenses to take care children... it would be unwise for me to insist having one if I can't ensure that I can at least give him or her proper life...

    @Indah... sama dooong kita


Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^