Confession of an internet addict

Oh dear, you just realized you have tonz of books that you have not read up to now… My goodness…you have promised your friend you will help with her project but you have not done anything and deadline is tomorrow! Then again, wait… you have your own project…arrrgh…you have not done it as well…!


After thinking hard (well not so hard) you realize what the problem was… You get distracted… Oh yes you do, admit it… You can not let yourself go from browsing internet…! Hah! Admit that as much as I did! I did? OF COURSE! 

Every morning I started to turn on my laptop and browsed like crazy… Mind you, when I was still working I did not have access to the internet… That’s why there always this hungry feeling to just keep on clicking and browsing and surfing… Yeah, yeah, excuses…, excuses… Totally being so irresponsible… But that’s me… And then not to mention updating status like crazy every second that I have a chance on Facebook, Multiply, Plurk, Twitter… oh…dear… It will never ends…

So, my advice is if you wish to continue whatever things you have in mind for ages ago and want to do it now….

DISCONNECT your internet connection…
Oh, relax… I am not talking about the whole year or as long as you live. That would be unwise as everything now related and connected and being done with, by and through the internet…

Once in a while turn off your handphone…
Yeah, you are not going to die or have a stroke for not using your gadget for let us say an hour perhaps… You know what, I went with my parents today to the hospital…and I turn off my Blackberry almost the whole day. And the result I am successfully in the middle of finishing read a book : EAT PRAY LOVE which has been abandoned in the pile of so many books for almost a year. Hmmm, at least I know what to do if I have to go to any boring places next time…

Please be reminded that your gadget…for example your handphone could also be used to access the internet…  All you have to do is hold that thing in your hand and before you realized you have spent the entire day update your status, commented your friend’s fiction, reading other people’s blog, playing game…or just browsing around.
Of course if you have online business then this advice probably can not be easily applied.

Say goodbye to your internet for a while
Oh, wait… I have said that, right? Anyway, do not try to start by checking your email… Okay, you have important mail… Really? Well, go on open it…, read it… After that…disconnected yourself from it… Otherwise…you will get hooked for about an hour or probably more…


Good luck from detox yourself from the world of internet ^___^
4 Responses
  1. Dea Says:

    disconect? oh...frenz now i hv to say... Life is not beautiful withou internet... xixixi...


  2. bridge Says:

    you can say that again, my friend....


  3. Virtualust Says:

    do you know that internet keeps you young :)


  4. bridge Says:

    yeah, but it makes me not want to do anything else.... :D


Thank you for spending your time here... anything to say? Just drop a line... ^__^